Castro/Eureka Valley Neighborhood Association (EVNA), formed in 1881 as the Eureka Valley Promotion Association (EVPA), provides a public forum for the people who live, work, and play in the greater Eureka Valley area to discuss common issues and concerns and help develop solutions to improve the our neighborhood.
- Protect and enhance the character of the neighborhood, its historic resources and significant topographic features and open space
- Ensure that growth, development, and public access are compatible with and meet the needs of residents and the business community
- Protect and improve public health and safety
- Encourage friendly association among neighbors and businesses
- Provide an educational forum and community outreach to community partners