We had a full agenda at last night's public meeting. With 40 neighbors in attendance, we listened to Rafael Mandelman and why he's the best candidate for D8 Supe; what the SFMTA is up to regarding the Twin Peaks Tunnel Improvements; and below, we hear from the SF Public Utilities Commission representatives on the upcoming rate hikes that will pay for its much needed capital improvements projects.
Our committees also provided updates on some exciting progress:
- Membership reporting 5 new members
- Quality of Life working is reaching out to other local groups working on street behavior and homelessness on a fact finding mission to better understand how we can work with/compliment what's going on already.
- Newsletter/Marketing committee is making advances on streamlining the Eureka! publication.
- Training and Education is gearing up and showed attendees how and when to use the SF-311 app successfully.
The Board of Directors is convening a special meeting in April, led by Alex Lemberg, to review and make recommendations for edits/changes to the governing documents of the Eureka Valley Promotion Association (EVPA, our official name). Stay tuned for a membership input forum coming up after May 2018.
Our next public meeting is May 23rd- EVNA will host a live debate between Supervisor Jeff Sheehy and Candidate Rafael Mandelman. It promises to be an informative and lively discussion on why either men are the best candidate to address the issues we face in Eureka Valley. See you there!
Be sure to make the meeting this week Wednesday- you won't want to miss it. Come early and meet some of your neighbors!
- Kim West from SFPUC will update us on our utility rates for water and sewer.
- Kelley McCoy from SFMTA will update us on the Twin Peaks Tunnel Improvements schedule.
- Rob LeVan will show us how to use the 3-1-1 app to report all sorts of issues around the neighborhood
- Committee Updates- they've been busy!
- Rafael Mandelman will tell us why we should vote for him this for D8 Supervisor
Wednesday, March 28th, 7:00 to 9:00
Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy
19th Street at Collingwood Street