welcome to the EVNA!
get to know your neighbors
Who We Are and What We DoThe Castro/Eureka Valley Neighborhood Association provides a public forum for the people who live, work, and play in the greater Eureka Valley area to discuss common issues and concerns, and help develop solutions to improve the neighborhood. Please Join EVNA by clicking the “Join” tab above
Goals of EVNA:
- Protect and enhance the character of the neighborhood, its historic resources and significant topographic features and open space
- Ensure that growth, development, and public access are compatible with and meet the needs of residents and the business community
- Protect and improve public health and safety
- Encourage friendly association among neighbors and businesses
- Provide an educational forum and community outreach to community partners
Castro/EVNA Public Meetings are the fourth Wednesday of Jan., Mar., May, Jul., Sep. and the annual meeting is the second Wednesday of Nov. at 7PM in the Auditorium at Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy!
Next Meeting: Join us at Castro/EVNA’s Bimonthly Public Meeting, Wednesday, March 25, featuring: Mat Schuster who will discuss the Castro foodies scene; Castro Streetscape Project Update by Project Manager John Dennis; Castro Cares & Jane Warner Plaza update by Andrea Aiello and Mission Station Captain Perea; Umpqua Bank will discuss their plans for a Castro location and EVNA Public Forum A time set aside to discuss neighborhood issues
* 2015 Public Meetings: Jan. 28, Mar. 25, May 27, Jul. 22, Sep. 23, & November 18.
* 2015 Board Meetings: Jan. 14, Feb. 11, Mar. 11, Apr. 8, May 13, Jun. 10, Jul. 8, Aug. 12, Sep. 9, Oct. 14 all in the Chase Meeting Room.
* 2015 Planning Committee Meetings: Jan. 7, Feb. 4, Mr. 4, Apr. 1, May 6, Jun. 3; Jul 1, Aug. 5, Sep. 2, Oct. 7, Nov. 4, Dec. 2 in the Chase Meeting Room.
* Upcoming Quality of Life Committee Meeting, email chair Rob.Cox@EVNA.org
Members and the Public are welcome to attend Board and committee meetings.
FARMERS MARKET: THE POPULAR FARMERS MARKET HAS RETURNED. Get your fresh produce, fish, meat and breads among other things at this new neighborhood institution. Wednesdays 4 to 8PM
PINK SATURDAY: Supervisor Wiener has been working with the Mayor’s Office to identify a new sponsor of Pink Saturday. Details are not final, but plan for an earlier start and close of the celebration of LGBT Pride.
By Mark D McHale, EVNA Board Member
An unofficial update on what’s coming and going in our commercial spaces.
160 Church Street
Proposed cross-fit training center.
2100 Market/15th Streets
Former HOME restaurant
Proposed 64-unit condo development
2101 Market Street
By EVNA Planning Committee
2254 Market Street (Sullivan’s Funeral Home)
By Alan R. Beach-Nelson, President
As previously reported in the Eureka! Castro Cares is a coalition of neighborhood groups, businesses, social service and city programs coming together to improve the quality of life for those living on the street and those who live, work, shop & play in the Castro. Castro Cares is concerned about these issues:
I had my Jeep destroyed over the holiday by a crazy, random arson fire. You may have heard about it, but here is a personal story. It's not always just a call to your insurance and a replacement vehicle (that feels the same). Please read and share.