welcome to the EVNA!
get to know your neighbors
Who We Are and What We DoThe Castro/Eureka Valley Neighborhood Association provides a public forum for the people who live, work, and play in the greater Eureka Valley area to discuss common issues and concerns, and help develop solutions to improve the neighborhood. Please Join EVNA by clicking the “Join” tab above
Goals of EVNA:
- Protect and enhance the character of the neighborhood, its historic resources and significant topographic features and open space
- Ensure that growth, development, and public access are compatible with and meet the needs of residents and the business community
- Protect and improve public health and safety
- Encourage friendly association among neighbors and businesses
- Provide an educational forum and community outreach to community partners
Castro/EVNA Public Meetings are the fourth Wednesday of Jan., Mar., May, Jul., Sep. and the annual meeting is the second Wednesday of Nov. at 7PM in the Castro Community Room, 501 Castro at 18th!
Next Public Meeting: July 23, 2014:
A review of the results of our neighborhood priority survey
A discussion on AIRBnB type rentals in the Castro/EV area
A brief update on proposed new Formula Retail guidelines being proposed by Planning Staff to the Planning Commission
A 10 minute slide show of photos by Castro resident Steven Kyle Weller
Public Forum: 30 minutes set aside for meeting attendees to raise issue of concern, importance and neighborhood updates.
* Upcoming Board Meetings: June 11 and July 9 at Chase Bank Community Room (15th & Sanchez)
* Upcoming Planning Committee Meeting: June 4 and July 2 at Chase
* Upcoming Quality of Life Committee Meeting, email chair Rob.Cox@EVNA.org
Members and the Public are welcome to attend Board and committee meetings.
Voting has ended.
Hamburger Mary’s Wins Membership Support
In a groundbreaking outreach for member participation, EVNA conducted an online referendum asking the full membership to cast their votes on whether or not to allow Hamburger Mary’s, a formula retail restaurant, to occupy the space of the former Patio Café at 531 Castro Street.
Statement prepared for the EVNA membership meeting on May 28, 2014, by Planning and Land Use Committee Chairperson, Jack Keating, and read by Judy Hoyem, member of the Committee.
Announcing the Marriage of Hamburger Mary's and the Patio Cafe
By Les Natali
Two iconic, historic, cutting-edge, LGBT-friendly institutions for over 30 years in San Francisco, Hamburger Mary's on Folsom Street and the Patio on Castro Street, are joining together to open a new “Hamburger Mary's at the Patio Cafe.”
Hamburger Mary’s - Necessary and Desirable?
By Gary Weiss, Owner IXIA on Market Street