welcome to the EVNA!
get to know your neighbors
Who We Are and What We Do
The Castro/Eureka Valley Neighborhood Association provides a public forum for the people who live, work, and play in the greater Eureka Valley area to discuss common issues and concerns, and help develop solutions to improve the neighborhood. Please Join EVNA by clicking the “Join” tab above
Goals of EVNA:
- Protect and enhance the character of the neighborhood, its historic resources and significant topographic features and open space
- Ensure that growth, development, and public access are compatible with and meet the needs of residents and the business community
- Protect and improve public health and safety
- Encourage friendly association among neighbors and businesses
- Provide an educational forum and community outreach to community partners
Castro/EVNA Public Meetings are the fourth Wednesday of Jan., Mar., May, Jul., Sep. and the annual meeting is the second Wednesday of Nov. at 7PM in the Auditorium at Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy!
Next Meeting: Join us at our November 18 meeting for the Board Election and a presentation from SPUR on Bay Area Growth and housing demand.
* 2015 Public Meetings: Jan. 28, Mar. 25, May 27, Jul. 22, Sep. 23, & November 18.
* 2015 Board Meetings: Jan. 14, Feb. 11, Mar. 11, Apr. 8, May 13, Jun. 10, Jul. 8, Aug. 12, Sep. 9, Oct. 14 all in the Chase Meeting Room.
* 2015 Planning Committee Meetings: Jan. 7, Feb. 4, Mr. 4, Apr. 1, May 6, Jun. 3; Jul 1, Aug. 5, Sep. 2, Oct. 7, Nov. 4, Dec. 2 in the Chase Meeting Room.
* Upcoming Quality of Life Committee Meeting, email chair Rob.Cox@EVNA.org
Members and the Public are welcome to attend Board and committee meetings.
Please comment on this page with possible questions to survey the EVNA membership.
What is certain to be a hot-button topic in our next general election, the San Francisco Department of Elections has certified a ballot measure limiting Airbnb and other short-term residential rentals to tourists. The initiative qualified for the November 3, 2015 municipal election. The ballot measure will:
FARMERS MARKET: THE POPULAR FARMERS MARKET HAS RETURNED. Get your fresh produce, fish, meat and breads among other things at this new neighborhood institution. Wednesdays 4 to 8PM
PINK SATURDAY: Supervisor Wiener has been working with the Mayor’s Office to identify a new sponsor of Pink Saturday. Details are not final, but plan for an earlier start and close of the celebration of LGBT Pride.
By Mark D McHale, EVNA Board Member
An unofficial update on what’s coming and going in our commercial spaces.
160 Church Street
Proposed cross-fit training center.
2100 Market/15th Streets
Former HOME restaurant
Proposed 64-unit condo development
2101 Market Street
By EVNA Planning Committee
2254 Market Street (Sullivan’s Funeral Home)